A person who has hair transplantation wants to have a new image as soon as possible. So, when does the hair grow? With the end of the healing process after the hair transplant, the sown hair begins to grow immediately but it takes about 1 year to get the desired natural state. Although this process varies from person to person, this period may be shortened according to the structure of the hair and the environmental effects.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][asvc_header_block title=”The process of hair growth after hair transplantation:” mgt_sep_1=”” mgt_sep_2=”” mgt_sep_3=””][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
During the first 2 weeks after hair transplant, small wounds in the area of new hair transplant will heal by crusting. The grafts that have been planted will hold their new places in this period and adapt. Immediately after the shock spill, the hair growth in the normal growth cycle is 1 – 2 cm per month. they grow up. In this process, the hairs that have not been able to reach their natural form in the first period can be more formless or weaker than the normal hairs. When the planted hair regrowth? let’s look at the process for the answer to the question after hair transplant;
Shock Spill Process
Shedding of hair in hair transplant, which we have briefly mentioned above, in other words, temporary shedding is a process that is necessary for hair strands to reach normal growth form immediately after the first healing process. Shock spillage begins approximately 1 month after hair transplant. The start and end time of the shock spill may vary depending on the structure.
Growth Process of Hair After Hair Transplant
When will the planted hair improve? For the answer to the question of hair growth after the hair transplantation process should be considered. The length of hair growth after hair transplant varies from person to person;
- From the second month the shock ends shedding and the hair roots begin to grow,
- At the end of the fourth month, the hair strands become longer and begin to take a certain shape,
- When the sixth month, the hair roots are between 50 and 75 percent. One’s hair is easily noticeable,
- The hair follicles, which enter the normal growth cycle after eight months and later, become thicker and thicker and begin to take their natural form. Curly hair syndrome, which may occur in some individuals, disappears after eight months,
- At the end of 12 months, your hair follicles will continue to grow in their natural course.
After Hair Transplant, How Long the Hair Can Be Extended?
Hair is your own hair and after the hair transplantation 1 year after the process is completely natural structures. After a period of 1 year, your hair grows as natural as your own hair and begins to grow by an average of 1-2 cm per month. The only issue to be considered here is where the donor area is used in the hair transplant operation because as you know, all the hair roots in our body are not the same as our hair in our head region.
Today, 90% of hair transplantation is done from normal hair follicles in the neck area. Your hair that was planted from the nape area begins to grow with your natural hair at the end of 1 year. However, 2nd-degree donor sites such as the chest, arm, back, or leg area can also be used in hair transplant operations. The hair roots that are taken from these regions will not grow in the same way as your hair since they will protect their structures.
As a result;
- The answer to the question of how long the hair grows after hair transplant varies according to the donor region.
- If the hair follicles are used as a donor area, your hair will grow as much as you want at the end of 1 year with your natural hair structure.
- If secondary regions (chest, back, arm, or leg) are used as donor regions, these hair follicles are not sufficiently compatible with the hair structure, so the rate of elongation relative to the site will be changed.
To overcome this period faster;
- Use the special care shampoo regularly recommended by your doctor,
- If your doctor recommends, make a PRP solution that strengthens your hair follicles,
- Harmful habits such as alcohol and cigarettes damage your hair follicles and prevent them from feeding.
- The role of stress in hair loss should not be ignored. Stay away from stress,
- Give importance to healthy nutrition,
- The use of jelly and spray is prohibited for a long time after hair transplant. Do not use such products,
- You can also use nutritional supplements for your hair in consultation with your doctor.
When do the planted hair regrowth? As can be seen, there is no direct answer to this question, but in the most general sense; After the first 10 days of healing and after the first 2 months of shedding, the hair expands with your normal hair and begins to grow.
More: about hair transplant.